Right now our big project is pulling together Bella’s “nursery” – which is actually just a section of our master bedroom. Yes, we have a 4 bedroom house but it doesn’t make sense to us to put all of her items in one room when I’ll be breast feeding and possibly co-sleeping. I didn’t want to give up our guest room given that both families are out-of-state and will be visiting… it just made more sense. Plus our master bedroom is huge (by California standards) and has ample enough room. In addition, we didn’t want to drop a ton of money into decorating a room for our benefit (because really, I doubt she’s going to judge us) and would rather wait until we buy a house/move to spend money on things she’ll actually enjoy.
The bookshelf has been a sticky point for us, as we didn't know what do with it. We searched for a dresser that fit our needs and we decided to pan it for now and just use cubes in the mean time to hold her clothes (which works beautifully). We still have to find a place for the bath tub & boopy, but for now they're out of the way. Overall, though, this has been a DIY labor of love as I made all of her bedding (crib skirt, three fitted sheets, quilt), the wall hanging, and we completely re-finished the crib.
Finding a crib in a true-black finish was more headache than it was worth to us. Most of what we found was horribly expensive and chipped with light use & we both wanted black (or birch) to match the furniture already in the room. We ended up buying this one at a total steal and refinishing it with low VOC/non-toxic paint.Still to do for the area (that I can think of):
- decide on crib bumpers & if so, make them to match the bedding.
- finish the tags/labels for the cubes to ID which ones have onsies, outfits, accessories, blankets, burp clothes, etc.
- purchase changing table, more than likely refinish said table to match crib.
- purchase changing table, more than likely refinish said table to match crib.
- set up the cloth diaper changing system & figure out storage.
2 comments:
YAY!! Everything looks great!! Aww, sorry you failed the GD test. Do you have to do the 3 hour one now?
Retook my 1 hour this morning, if I fail this then I'll be doing the 3 hour on Monday or Tuesday.
Post a Comment