The Bad: We finally got a cardiology appointment for our foster monster puppy, Trav, after waiting (not so) patiently to get one with the rescue since we took the little guy in May 6th. We went in last Friday for a full workup and found out he has a PDA – essentially a death sentence within a year of diagnosis without treatment. Because he is just our foster & we know donations with the rescue have been dwindling, we weren’t sure what to expect. Thankfully the vet is doing the surgery at a HUGE discount so now we just need to get him scheduled in within the next 10 days and deal with the recovery process. We’ve been warned that the surgery isn’t a 100% fix given his advancing age (it is easier the younger the dog is) & his booming size. He was 25lbs when we brought him home – he’s weighing in at 54lbs now!
The Ugly: My divorce. There isn’t much of a way of sugar coating this – this has turned into an utter and complete disaster. When J & I first split, we both agreed to be adults about this and move on with our lives, making it quick and painless. That went to hell very quickly. The divorce went into default because he refused to sign paperwork or even respond to the divorce summons. I’m on my 3rd lawyer (after interviewing 30+). He has made no payment on the $16,000+ in credit card debt he left in his wake flying down his mistress & keeping up a double lifestyle in both of our names, so I am now managing that. In the last 30 days I found out he is no longer paying his car payment (that I was a co-signer on the loan, that he refuses to refinance me off of which is now 55+ days behind), that he is no longer insuring the vehicle, the DMV is suspending the registration, and now I am getting demanding letters for his unpaid parking tickets on said vehicle. I am no longer getting responses from him about what needs to be handled – I’ve been told everything from he is jobless, he’s in the hospital, he’s dying, he’s depressed, he’s completely broke, etc. – only to see him posting on his (public) MySpace pictures of his travels, drinking, golfing, carrying on without a care in the world. R is incredibly understanding but I am very ready to close that chapter and move on with my life – hell, I can’t even trade in my tank for a smaller car without permission from the court. It sucks. It’s exhausting. I think I have a right to my moments of bitterness.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
The G/B/U, weekend edition.
The Good: Hello 3rd trimester – holy hell, I’ve got 13 weeks left in this. We’ve been eagerly working down our to-do lists before it gets too hot (or I get too big) this summer to prepare for Bella’s arrival, both sets of parents coming out, etc. I’m unofficially off bed rest as of now, pending my appointment with my new OB on Thursday but we don’t see any reason why I should have to go back to it. We should also be able to begin to schedule all of the classes and pre-register finally with our chosen hospital.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yikes. I hope everything works out for you. I dont blame you for being bitter, I think I'd be a lot more than bitter if I were you. H+P
Post a Comment