Monday, April 18, 2011

More waiting coming up.

Tomorrow morning is R's MRI. It took four days for his PCP to get the referral back to us and the only reason why we have it in hand is because I went down to the office and kindly (but firmly) told them I'm not leaving without the paperwork. This is nothing new for this office - they suck at follow-up - but I've learned if I'm on top of it it comes through much quicker. I was a huge fan of the nurse's dramatics, though, when she huffed at me, "Oh, the authorization JUST came in. I'll go take this back to the doctor since you're waiting." Um hooker, maybe because this is how I pay my bills and all but I can read an authorization form - you've had it for two days. The insurance company authorized it in less than 12 hours... but thanks for having him call four+ times looking for the paperwork and having me park my ass in your waiting room to get it. I take a larger offense to the whole thing because of the way it'll work (HMO) - finally schedule an appointment a few days from then, go in, wait for the results to be kicked back to his PCP, who will (eventually) forward it to the correct specialist. So maybe we'll some idea of what's going on in like ten days.

In the mean time his anti-seizure meds are kind of making him into an asshole. :( He knows it, he apologizes constantly, but it's no fun on our front. It's also made him very tired. He's laid down now twice since he started in the middle of our P90X workouts (on the floor next to me) to "rest his eyes" and he's out for an hour. Tonight he came home from work and asked for a family nap - he's still asleep, 2+ hours later.




But onto other lighter things. Disneyland, by myself with the kiddo, for 5.5 hours was awesome. I don't bother with a stroller for most outings so I had her strapped to me with the Ergo on the front and a backpack on the back. She was well behaved other than crying on Dumbo and screaming for R on the teacups. A six year old girl tried to fix me up with her dad while we were waiting in line for Pirates (she was so sweet!). She was so excited she didn't take a nap until we left the park at 4 (she's back to "that" phase again).

We did Pet Expo on Sunday but that was pretty uneventful for us, outside of the hour+ it took to park at the fairgrounds. Bella spent most of the four hours we were there pointing and repeating "PUPPY!" over and over again. She got kisses from an Anaheim PD K9 dog and then burst in to tears because again, she didn't take a nap because she was excited and it had been a long day. We wrapped up the evening at R's uncles' house with our clutch of our favorite gays (who Bella loves!). She was up until 11:45... slept on the way home... and was back up at 12:30, ready and raring to play. FML.

No comments: