The neurologist wanted to see R yesterday morning (Friday) but he was unable to get the time away from the office. This should come as no surprise, this is the same boss who suggested I get induced on a Thursday so he wouldn't have to take any time off for the birth of our daughter. Instead we had to settle for an appointment Monday afternoon. In the mean time his regular doctor prescribed more pain medication for the headaches so it seems someone is finally taking this seriously.
Yesterday I also paid off and closed out Amex - we settled on an amount that they've agreed to shown "paid in full" and wipe out any negative information on my credit reports. Amex's attorney even said I got the short end of a shitty divorce stick. A check was overnighted so once that clears on Monday, it will be one more huge weight off of my shoulders. I've also hired my attorney for the order to show cause/contempt of court case again my ex so I can try to recoup some of the money I've spent on this (since the entire settlement was part of what he owes me and refuses to pay).
After cutting that hefty check and being blown off by not one but two contractors for quotes yesterday, we've decided the backyard project will wait a bit unless we can actually find a decent person to do the fencing. I mean the person who was recommended by the HOA blew me off - didn't even bother to show up or answer their phone - what the hell?
With all of that said, we opted to spend Saturday at home, relaxing. I don't think the three of us got out of bed until 2 and that was to go down to the spa, since we're both so sore from P90X. Bella got stung by a bee as soon as we sat down, R accidently dunked my Prius keys in the spa, and we got to watch a sheriff question and harass a bunch of teenagers just outside of the gates (keepin' it klassy!). We came home & R ran down to Tom's Farms for roasted corn (<3) and some Carl's Jr. Turkey Burgers. It sounds lame & we're totally okay with it - we're both stressed and it felt good to just do nothing together today.
Tomorrow, weather permitting, we're joining friends at the Ren Fair. Turkey legs & mead for everyone. :)
1 comment:
Downtime is FANTASTIC!!
Fingers crossed and prayers said for Monday...hang tight, you guys :)
Post a Comment