I said it. I feel like we haven't really gotten anywhere on anything and with the way it looks April is going to fly by. We have something going every single weekend and still don't have anything planned for R's birthday at the end of the month. That may be held off until May at this point.
We decided after much debate to break up the backyard project into smaller, more cost effective projects. First up is moving/replacing the fencing on that side of the house. We wanted to use someone that understood the HOA process so we've got someone coming on on Friday who's done work in the neighborhood. We'll see where his pricing lands and go from there since the plans have to be submitted to the HOA, blah blah blah... We knew this would be a process if we wanted to go about it all within the HOA guidelines.
I've been interviewing paralegals and legal firms to move forward on the order to show cause/contempt of court issue with my ex-H. At this point, he hasn't paid a dime towards anything. I finally got paperwork back from him to release him name from the title on the car but that's been it (and even that took ten+ months). I am also making way to get Amex to settle out his debt with me (since it's on my credit report) and after seven months of work, it looks like it may finally be done. It's not the way I wanted it to go but this was the best option given the circumstances (my divorce attorney still was advising Chapter 7 - no thanks).
We also started P90X about two weeks ago and are loving it. I was scared off the program at first because I cannot do pullups. I never have been able to, even at my fittest when I was running 16-20 miles per week/amazing diet/etc. Once we found a modification that worked it all made sense. I love having R there to challenge me and we've both already started to see results. I can't wait to see what I'll be able to do by week 12.
I'm also drinking Green Monster smoothies every morning. They sound so gross but are amazing. My go-to mix is 1 scooop of Vanilla Muscle Milk protein powder, a few slices of frozen strawberries, about half of a sliced frozen banana, 1-2c of raw organic spinach, and 1c of milk (more depending on consistancy). The Ninja is awesome for these. :)
Bella is finally becoming more vocal. R loves it, me... it depends on what's going on. Her randomly gibberishing in the background (with "PUPPY!" "DADA!" "NO MAMA!" thrown in) while I'm trying to work sometimes is a bit much. Then again there are exchanges like yesterday that make me melt. She was running through the kitchen saying, "Happy? Happy?" so I finally asked her, "Bella are you happy?" to which she responded, "YEA!"... then she shut herself in one of the dog crates with her crayons and a book.
And perhaps the most frustrating, exhausting, and nerveracking issue right now is R's health drama. He finally went in for his ENT consult in hopes to schedule surgery ASAP. He went in, got looked at, and was told it isn't a sinus problem - it sounds like he's having cluster headaches and needs to see a neurologist. Everything got kicked back to his PCP who sent it out for a neurologist referral. The neurologist called last night at 7:30 - she had his x-rays and feels she needs to see him immediately. She's reading what they saw as a blockage as something else. So, now we're trying not to panic, to keep his quiet and not tell our families yet whats going on but we're both tired/scared/frustrated. I'm heading off to pickup the paperwork from the PCP to get it down to the neurologist ASAP so we can get some answers.
I'm hoping for some good news here. :(

3 comments:
Positive thoughts/ fingers crossed for you guys! Let me know of there is anything I can do!! ::::hugs::::
I'm hoping for good news as well! That's scary. :(
OMG Kelli! I hope all is good for R! Sending my hugs and prayers your way!! XOXO!
Post a Comment