It’s hard to remember what our lives were like two months ago, when it was just the two of us (and I was swollen up like a whale). Last night we were talking about how much she’s changed in the last few weeks while she was snuggled between us (we co-sleep as it’s the only way any of us can get any rest, happy baby = happy family). She smiles now and “chatters” with people other than me when spoken to. She knows what’s coming when she sees the Boppy (tucking her arm down to nurse) or when I put her on her changing table (legs up!). We’re on the horizon of tucking away all of her newborn clothes and moving completely into 3 month sizes. I’m excited to see how she’s going to change but at the same time I want to keep her my squishy peanut forever. :(
Two months means yet another doctor’s appointment today - she weighed in at hefty 11lbz1oz (50th percentile) & is measuring at 21.25” inches long (11th percentile)… she’s a chubby peanut! The appointment it’s self was awkward… let’s just say our attachment parenting methods & the pediatrician’s advice do not match up. Not even close. While I appreciate what she has to say on a medical standpoint, I am not letting my eight week old daughter cry it out for 15-30 minutes. We co-sleep because it works for our family; she still naps in her crib. I don’t feel her colic is from not getting any sleep at night (she sleeps at night - it’s during the day that’s the issue). Ugh. We’re doing the standard vaccine schedule for a number of reasons, so we had those to deal with today. L Having her scream for hours on end after her shots, even when she laid down for a nap (she’d doze off whimpering only to wake up, scream, rinse & repeat).
2 comments:
She's so beautiful Kelli! Love her little cheeks! I cannot believe she is 2 months already! AND I cannot believe I am going to have one of these precious things in 2 months time myself. :)
Can't wait to meet her!
I consider us to be AP, and it was hard for us to do CIO with Charlie. I would NEVER have done it at 2 months old, that is just ridiculous. She's not even out of the fourth trimester yet! (Sorry, that's a Happiest Baby on the Block reference - not sure if you've read it.)
Post a Comment