Last year at Thanksgiving I was standing on the edge of so much change that I couldn’t even begin to imagine how the next year would play out... Even with my on-going legal battle with the court to finalize my divorce (defaults suck); I have never felt so crazy blessed in my life. Just a handful of things that I am thankful for this year:
- I have a SO whole truly and completely loves me. This means more than words can even begin to describe. We were close friends for four years before both of our marriages crumbled and after poking and prodding by our friends and families we decided to give it a shot… best.decision.ever.
- I have a healthy baby girl who we were told that we would more than likely never have without heavy medical intervention. Between his non-existent fertility count (we were told at his physical last year that if we wanted children it could take two years of treatment before it’d become possible and/or we’d have to move to IVF) and my miscarriage issues, we certainly never expected to close out 2009 with a newborn.
- My business celebrated its one year anniversary in these rough economic times and is still thriving. I get to stay home and be with my daughter while paying the bills.
- SO & I are healthy (which is amazing with my auto-immune disorder) and so are our families, even with all of the health conditions between them.
- Our families are awesome, even if they are a bit BSC on both sides. We would never have it any other way.
-… and for so many other things that sleep deprivation makes me neglect mentioning.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Being thankful...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great post K!! I'm so happy for you and your new family. You're so strong especially with all that you have went through and I hope 2010 gets even better.
p.s. - Bella is too adorable :)
Take care!
Post a Comment