Wednesday, September 2, 2009

35 weeks

35 weeks, 35 days to go (Sunday, 8/30)

How far along? 35 weeks.

Total weight gain: Holding even, I told my NP & OB today I no longer care and since I don't own a scale...

Maternity clothes? Shirts. Everything else is my pre-pregnancy clothes, under the bump.

Sleep: Insomnia has hit with the heat wave. I was up until 5am Sunday night/Monday morning because I could.not.sleep (even after 1.5 Benadryl), so I clean the guest room, researched things on the internet, made lots of lists... I felt accomplished.

Best moment this week: More GD diet experimenting... Kenos is good. Noodle House? Bad.

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks contractions Sunday & all day Monday while out shopping, confirmed today that they're doing some good. 1.5cm dilated, starting to thin out.

Belly Button in or out? Flat.

What I miss: Cool weather. This is the first week I've seriously considered moving to Colorado.

What I am looking forward to: R no longer freaking out at my internal ("Did they hurt you? Are you bleeding? Cramping? NO MORE! I don't want you or Bella to get an infection!"). While sweet, I kinda want to bop him on the head.

Weekly Wisdom: I found GD-friendly chocolate. It is awesome. Diet Root Beer floats, while in theory sound disgusting (Diet Root Beer + Splenda low carb ice cream) are enough to take the edge off.

Milestones: 35/35, first internal.


And to not make this fully baby related, our new(er) foster puppy Sasha. We've had her for two weeks and I am in love. Pregnant women make for failing foster parents. R is not amused, he was attached to Trav and would have kept him in a moment if I had said yes (and we're not keeping this one, it'll just hurt to let her go).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the BH is making some progress for you. Your newest foster is too cute. Also we're most likely naming our baby just Bella and her middle name will be both of our grandmothers' names Joy Marie. Is your OB still planning on inducing you early due to the GD?