Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Random Goodies + 36 Weeks

36 weeks - rocking a non-maternity dress (that I realized after the fact I may have worn for my civil ceremony to ex-H).

This has been an awesome week so far. With the Big D still pending (final judgement sitting in a judge's inbox, somewhere, waiting for approval), I really love times like this where I can sit back and enjoy everything... I'm blessed. :) Updates on lots of random little tidbits:

Labor Day weekend had lots of time spent with R's family and our friends. Having no family out here locally myself now, it's really wonderful how much they've embraced me (even though they've known me for four years). Everyone is so excited about the baby and how genuinely happy we both are. Plus watching R & his older brother chicken fight in the pool = awesome.Our foster pup was adopted Monday morning and we're still open to taking in one more before Bella makes her arrival. Yes, we're crazy... but it works really well for us.

Saturday we went out and test drove two cars that R was interested in for replacing his two-door POS (his words, not mine - our car seat didn't fit in it). After spending two and a half hours at a dealer and getting no where, we went home incredibly frustrated. I spent Sunday researching some other options online and through hours of research, finally found one that really peaked our interest. We drove out to Sun Valley on Monday to test drive it... and everything fell into place Tuesday. I called R after my OB appointment to be told the deal was done & we were picking up the car that night (given we had been throwing around replacing his car for six months, this was VERY quick!).

36.5 week OB appointment went off better than I could have ever expected, even with an hour wait (my doctor delivered two babies that morning). I am confirmed to be GBS-, so I am not required to have an IV (or even a hep-lock if I don't want it). I am measuring perfectly and I haven't gained any weight, so we are comfortable letting me go naturally until 41 weeks although neither one of us think I will make it that long as I'm super low and now experiencing pretty much consistant contractions whenever I'm on my feet. My GD is under control and even with my insomnia bouncing up my numbers, she isn't concerned. Everything on my birth plan (preferences) was approved. I can eat & drink during labor and delivery (!!!), I can forgo the IV & constant monitoring, she would prefer I labor at home until I "can't take it anymore" or my contractions are right on top of each other due to my phobia, I will not be offered drugs unless I explicitly ask for them... and she's Hypnobabies friendly, having delivered over a dozen moms who've used it. I've been giddy since my appointment. It's coming up so quickly - I can't believe it.

No comments: