Tuesday, August 18, 2009

33 Weeks

So I've officially been on the gestational diabetes diet now for one week. I've done my 4x daily blood testing, I've had my breakdown (since in the last week I've had one meal with R and that was only because I broke my scheduling), and it looks like it's paying off. My numbers are low except for my sushi experiment for yesterday's lunch.
I can do this. I think.
We'll see tomorrow what my OB says after my ultrasound & appointment. We'll know then if we're talking c-section (for a low lying placenta) or induction for the GD before my due date.

Non-pregnancy news -- our foster puppy was adopted! One week post heart surgery, we're so excited and yet miss him terribly. I picked up our new peanut this morning after my dietician appointment. For a comparison, the first is the day I brought him home @ 3.5 months & the day we picked him up from his heart surgery @ 6.5 months:


- - -

How far along? 33 weeks (2 days).
Total weight gain/loss: +9lbs overall (lost three pounds in the last week while on the GD diet)
Maternity clothes? I wear my normal stretchy/yoga waisted pants, skirts, shorts, but nearly all of my tops are now maternity.
Stretch marks? I have a monsterous pair on the underside of my belly now that I refer to as "the twins."
Sleep: 7 hours a night + an afternoon "nap" (Hypnobabies!)
Food cravings: Anything I can't have on the GD diet (chips & salsa, sushi, ice cream, cookies, cupcakes)
Belly Button in or out? Shallowing out, I am assuming it'll go in the next 2-3 weeks.
What I miss: Not thinking about food all of the time (scheduling meals every 2-3 hours, six times a day), being able to watch Food Network without setting off every craving.
What I am looking forward to: Tomorrow's ultrasound, I haven't "seen" her since June.
Weekly Wisdom: Fuck food commercials.
Milestones: Watching Bella's feet actually push out against R's hand for the first time. You can see the outline of feet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know you had a blog girl! Yay! Ok, I need to catch up but I just wanted to say you look great and BOOOOOO to the GD diet!
Hope you are feeling great!