Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Shit meet fan.

I should stop talking about "normal" and "calm" - I should know better.

My sit down with my ex-husband was pleasant. He admitted to being an abusive, self-centered, destructive husband and that I deserved so much better than what he was to me. He admitted to cheating on me whenever he got the chance (oh, surprise surprise!). While he does not "have a lot money" he has begun to start paying me via Paypal, which at this point I consider found money.

After meeting with my ex, R & I hung out with his uncle and partner for sometime to go over our solar options as he is our solar guru. We narrowed things down, felt good, and then hopped off to Disneyland for the rest of the evening with Bella. We had a blast, things were great, we talked a lot and agreed that with the way therapy was going we should be ready to start trying for baby #2 by early spring next year. We also made the contingency plan if my ultrasound & needle biopsy came back positive for cancer that we would discuss with the specialists' whether it would be in my best interest to put off surgery to immediately TTC or whether we should take the chance my fertility would be shot post-surgery, radiation, and possible chemo. We came home on a comfortable high.

Monday morning started with our one remaining foster puppy having a long series of grand mal seizures. While I waited for the rescue to get back to me as to where I needed to take him, R came home.... he was being laid off effective 9/1. They wanted to pay for 2 months of additional benefits (insurance) for us. R was able to watch Bella while I rushed the puppy off to the emergency vet in Yorba Linda.

By evening fall, our best friend had come home (R & he work together) to try to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Nothing fits. There's more backstabbing by the owners' of his company than you can imagine. They're lying to us, they're lying to the company that bought them out in April, and they're lying to all of the other employees. Best we can figure right now is that one of the owners was taking credit for all of R's sales and revenue - which is easy given he's salary and was explicitly told not to tell the parent company he does any sort of sales. R makes the company 3-6x his annual salary in profit every month. I confirmed this with an old friend of mine who is on the parent company's board of directors. He has figured out they were completely and totally lied to on several fronts during the buy-out....

R was told while we were out in Colorado that they were not going to pay for our benefits after all. Because of the size of his company, they are not legally obligated to offer COBRA (which they are not). Because I've already begun to undergo treatment, I cannot buy health insurance for myself as individual policies are not covered by HIPAA so my potential thyroid cancer is considered a pre-existing condition.

FML.

We can carry ourselves for a year but this insurance thing has really fucked us over.

1 comment:

Yahpee said...

Kelly,

That's aweful and I'm so sorry to hear you're going through all that. I hope things look up for you soon.