Have I mentioned I'm not a huge Valetine's Day fan? No? I'm not. I'm practical. I have to state every year, "Please don't do anything." Last year that panned out with him proposing to me on the beach after dinner with the baby (oh, how backwards we are!). This year - so far - it seems like he's listening. I got a strange look from the cashier at Lowe's yesterday when I planted a big kiss on R as we finished paying for our new dryer and said, "Who needs roses when I can dry clothes without the smell of burning?" I'm the queen of romance, baby. It's even better when it costs you $260 out-of-pocket.
Today, though, I busted out my babycakes maker to make mini-Twinkie inspired cupcakes. Eight cupcakes, though, in four minutes in dangerous for my ass. I have no idea what time he'll actually be leaving the office or if I can even get out of here to the store (thanks electrician for saying you'll be over "sometime this afternoon"), so the tenative plan of oven fried southern chicken, grilled veggies, and homemade mac & cheese is quickly falling apart.
We've been trying to keep busy with little projects here and there. R has been going through a long series of medical tests for two health issues, one of which has resulted in the "c" word being tossed around. Due to his work schedule, we've had to stretch out all of the testing and procedures over two weeks of early mornings, me driving all over Temecula Valley for various pre-testing items, etc. I've taken this time to try to work on the house - new dryer, starting to draw up plans for the backyard remodel, installing two boxes & ceiling lights in bedrooms, and I'm working on several other small projects. I have to keep busy so I try to get out of the house with him as much as possible. I enrolled Bella in Gymboree and we've been using our San Diego Zoo passes more frequently before they expire at the end of March.
Overall, things have been pretty quiet (and boring). I hope it stays that way for a while.




1 comment:
Oh that mini cupcake maker will NOT be good for us...LOL that thing looks cool!
Also, I hope Remy is doing okay...just the mention of the big "c" is scary!
xoxo
Post a Comment