I feel like we've been on the edge of so much lately, that most my time is wrapped in waiting. Resolutions are finally starting to trickle in and now we're trying to piece the where to next aspect of our lives.
- There are no conclusive results for R's health issue. After his IVP was sent out to a specialist it came back deemed "normal" but they're now asking for an abdominal CT. So now we wait for the insurance company to OK it and then to move forward on that. I am hoping this week his referral out to the surgeon for his medically mandated nose job (deviated & crushed septum) will come in so we can plan for surgery at the end of this month. A two year sinus infection is not normal.
- LAPD is done. We filed an appeal to the decision last summer due to his background investigator completely and totally flipping off the handle and while he was ultimately fired for his behavior, LA does not have the budget or time to reinvest in re-doing his background investigation and thus are dropping his job offer. Now we wait for Riverside Sheriff while R's company continues to restructure.
- I am in the process of legally forcing Amex to go after my ex. There have been several lawsuits flung around but it looks like progress is being made. This week I hope to have the signed documents from Captain Douchebag releasing himself from the title of the car. Once I have those, I can continue my contempt of court case. I had no desire to be a lawyer, I should not be learning this much about the legal system. Once that is all done, I should never have to think or mention my ex's name again. Oh dear lord, that cannot come soon enough.
- It looks like we are starting to finally pull together for our "big" backyard remodel. We managed to take what we had at the time of sale and limp it together enough for the wedding but now we feel it's time we finally make the space outside not only feel like our own, but to actually make it comfortable to spend time in. I should have multiple quotes within a week and then we'll decide how much we want to do ourselves and how much we want to hire out. Depending on how much time and money, it may be spread out over the year (tearing out a hillside, moving a fenceline, concrete, more concrete, sod, sprinklers, trees, natural gas bbq, shed, hot tub, etc).
- We're working on the process of being puppy raisers for an an assistance group in the area. After nearly ten years with the same rescue group, I think it's time we split ways. The politics aren't my cup of tea and because we moved out of Orange County it seems like we're now outcasts anyways. My final straw was after sending our foster puppy to an event, several of the volunteers decide to tell me that he's going home with another foster family because they "don't want to send him back to Corona." Um, fuck you. I didn't stutter. Let me know how that works out with him sitting in crate eight hours a day because that foster family works... and doesn't train their fosters (we had him housebroken, crate trained, and able to sit/stay/shake/lay down in two weeks). Let alone the exposure to small dogs, cats, and the baby.
- And sadly, I have baby fever. Where the fuck did this come from? Bella still doesn't sleep through the night. I'm still breastfeeding. I am finally getting my body back. Genius idea! FML. Maybe I really do need a puppy.
1 comment:
Ha! I feel you on the chaos AND the baby fever...totally ridiculous. Its a sign that I must TOTALLY be losing my mind!
Post a Comment