Monday, January 24, 2011
16 months (a little late).
Bella hit 16 months last week, so this is just a little behind. The above-photo pretty much references my life right now (and tantrum pictures pretty much dominate our flickr account). I don't know if it's the "terrible two's" hitting early or what, but I consider it a good afternoon or morning if the temper tantrums are limited to a handful. Miss B has obtained a whole new level of attitude... like she doesn't want me sitting at my computer, ever. Fine and dandy except I am running two businesses. I need my computer. At this moment, I am standing because she's pushing my computer chair around the kitchen chanting "No Mama NO!" over and over again.
Sleep still sucks. 10 months ago, we stopped co-sleeping. For ten months now, we have tried every sleep method out there to no avail. Every single nap and bedtime, still, is a struggle. We both try to laugh about it but when you look at the stretch of time we've had to deal with this, it's exhausting. This does not also take into account night terrors, which have her up several times a night or that she has more molars seemingly coming in. This does not take into account that she will not willingly go down for a nap, ever. I can wear her sometimes to sleep but only if we're out and sometimes that will only last 10-15 minutes before she's right back up.
& yes, I'm still breastfeeding. We're still "on demand" so some days it's 3-4x a day, some days it's 10. She still is refusing cow's milk unless she sees me drink it and I can't get whole milk down. She eats like a bird some days, other days it's like she's trying to match us bite for bite, so we've added Pediasure in hopes that she'll at least get the minerals she needs (without the teeth staining of supplements).
We're still cloth diapering as well but last week we added a play potty to the routine. It's in her bedroom and when she's diaper free, she'll sit on it and chatter. She has a pile of books in front of it to read. No real progress but we're letting her set the pace.
I'm sure it's the sleep deprivation talking, but I've started talking about "one and done" a lot. The more I think about it right now, the more appealing either not having another child or waiting until she's in preschool or kindergarten sounds. Maybe if I wasn't working.... but that's not an option. I can't take client phone calls with her clawing, climbing, or biting me because I am typing an email or pulling up an account, even though I'm only focusing on work in five minute spurts until she's asleep.
I'm sure someone will quote me on the above when I announce a BFP in the far, far out distant future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment