Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011!

So I had this big goodbye to 2010 post written half-written up, but then I got a wicked sinus infection and spend the last four days of 2010 flat on my back in bed doped up on meds. 2010 was my big year of change: legally divorced, engaged, kicked PPD, purchased a house, got married, started business #2. Here's hoping for a much more tranquil and serene 2011 with some more personal and business growth! ;)

Christmas this year was AWESOME. Seeing how much fun Bella had with everything really made it the best... she really enjoyed all four Christmases she had this year. I enjoyed chasing her with my new Rebel T2i (a belated "just because" gift from R!). We ate lots of amazing food, made up 12 gift baskets with all sorts of baked treats including "apple pie" caramel apples, thin mints, white chocolate peppermint pretzels, brownies, etc. It was nuts. And is probably one of the biggest reasons why we've gone back to the diabetes diet (Food Lovers).
(IL's sent her her Christmas PJs)


(I made her top!)

(Christmas Round 1)

(Even I get excited - Christmas Round 3)

We’re not resolution makers but we have a few goals we’re aiming for this year.

-Business #2 is still in its infancy and I would like to see it making a modest income by the end of the year.
-We have a few home improvement projects we’ve been putting off that I would like to tackle, including finally deciding on recessed lighting or ceiling lights for two of the bedrooms.
-Somewhere in the next 6-8 months, we need to get a timeline together if we’d like to have baby #2 in 2012, as we’d have to back into taking out my Mirena and allowing my lining to build back up (per my OB due to previous losses and scarring). This does not take into account the chance that we may have issues conceiving as originally stated.
-And finally, I need to get serious about collecting my ex-H’s settlement from him. He’s had two years of not paying me a dime and I’m tired of footing the bill. The money could be much better spent sitting in Bella’s “one day” account (for one of three things that she’ll be allowed to make the choice about – college, a wedding, or a house down payment). He has been trying to hide from me (and my PI, my lawyer, the courts, etc) for some time now but sometime this year he'll slip up and we'll be ready. I hate having to think or function like this... but I can't let this continue and I can't let it go.

No comments: