Friday, November 19, 2010

14 months. :)

You know, I kinda thought since this was the second marriage for both of us that we may just avoid the whole slew of annoying questions like, "How's married life?" (one time I will respond "Fantastic since I know my husband isn't playing hide the sausage with our friend!") & "when are you going to have (more) kids?" - bah. I picked up our marriage license while I was filing our DBA paperwork for our second business and got the ball rolling the next day for my name change. I got my new SS card in three days - I know I won't be lucky with my drivers license like that due to the new card changes...

Bella turned 14 months old yesterday. :( I look at her and I see less and less baby and more toddler. She's become a walking and talking machine. My dad & stepmom finally made it out to see her and were totally excited to see how interactive she is now. While she knows a few words like "no" "mama" "dada" "puppy" "kitty" "mine" "baby" "please" "silly" we don't hear anything as much as we hear "baby please" which we assume is short for "for the baby please." She squeals this when holding something she knows she shouldn't or trying to get into something or if she's begging off of your plate (even though she eats the same foods we do).



We've begun to enforce a nap/bedtime schedule of sorts again even though she still fights us every single night. I think after Christmas we're going to take down her crib and put her bed on the floor in hopes that our fiercely independent daughter will begin to feel more comfortable being able to put herself to bed or take naps on her own. It will also make it easier for me to breastfeed her in her own bed so I don't have to move her from ours. I'm still BFing 4-6 times a day, sometimes more or less depending on her mood and if she's teething (most of her molars are now in).

Other than that we're just enjoying some quiet time before the holidays really kick into gear. Last weekend we went to the Wild Animal Park with our best friend + his girlfriend. Bella is definitely getting more and more into the scenery around the park and finally was kosher with the bouncy rubber surface of the playground:




Next week begins the holiday craziness: Disneyland Tuesday night (to kick off everything, we love the holiday lights), Thanksgiving in Anaheim, Black Friday shopping, and then setting up the holiday decor.

No comments: