I think I delayed this post in large part because I wasn't ready to accept my little girl isn't a baby anymore - it's a mixed feeling. I miss being able to plop her down and not have to worry about her getting into the litterbox, spreading my CD collection across the living room floor, or in general raising all sorts of hell... but I'm loving the chattering, the way she reaches up for me, and the way she hugs (she really does give the best ones).
At her 1 year appointment she's measuring in exactly at 20lbs & 28.5" long - a petite pixie! In an effort to try to curb her insomnia, we've been shuffling around things with our night time routine to slowly work it back. If allowed, she'd go to sleep at 2:30 and by up by 9am. As it is now we're putting her to bed between 10-10:30 & she comes into bed with me for a snack when R gets up for work and then goes back to bed when he leaves which gives me an extra 2-3 hours of sleep/alone time right now that I very much need. It also helps that I still EBF (we're delaying introducing cows milk), so I don't need to get up to make her a snack.
We're not quite walking, we're not quite talking... but we'll get there. She screams "uppy!" at the dogs while waiving them over, "itty" at the cats, and she chants "mama" when she's getting into trouble (like TPing the bathroom, spreading CDs out, you get the picture).
Her birthday was pretty relaxed - just us, the kid, some cake, a cupcake food fight, and a party the next day for Fisher-Price powered by House-Party. We had a great time and I think the kiddos did too.
It's hard to believe she was this small just one year ago....







2 comments:
OMG that picture of Bella, Charlie and Zara is too cute!!
Happy belated birthday Bella!!! I can't believe how fast the time has flown. I agree that is an adorable picture. It sounds like she loves the animals, she is too cute :-D
Post a Comment