Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Details, details, details...

Surprisingly we're pretty on-track with what we need to have done at this point. I'm excited to see what we can pull off and how everything is going to look. So far we've completed the following:

- shot our family/engagement pictures (we're so happy!)
- re-planted the backyard including ten trees, two gravevines, 35+ pints of mums, mint, and about 35lbs of grass seed that is finally growing in
- painted/stained the fence
- started the decor, including figuring out how to build the canopy out of PVC pipe (painted chocolate) so I can start cutting the organza draping
- ordered his ring & engraving(mine came with my engagement ring):
- started cutting the fabric for my dress:
- confirmed the catering (garlic shrimp tacos, carne asada tacos, mexican chopped salad, guac, etc)
- picked up the items to make our dessert towers
- figured out which desserts were serving - cheesecake, red velvet cake, chocolate dipped oreos, two-bite pumpkin pies - in addition to smores later in the evening (with a variety of chocolates including reeses, milky ways, dark hersheys, etc)
- bought a ton of rum for signature drinks (taking advantage of the $60 rebate for 6 bottles!)
- started figuring out invites for the "bbq" although so far we've put out quite a bit as word of mouth

and probably a ton of other things that are slipping my mind. With a month to go I find myself working down a decent sized list in hopes of keeping everything sane and easy going and so far so good.

2 comments:

Sara said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I am so excited for you guys!!!

Leslie said...

How fun! Please tell me you're going to make a bio. Lolz. Oh, the time we used to have before having kids. ;)

It was really nice to finally meet you the other day - Bella is adorable! I saw your family pics, and they're awesome. :)