Our little monster is no longer in the single digit months which means her first birthday is looming closer. :( At her pediatrician's appointment we confirmed she's LOST weight (now 18lbs 12oz) due to her activity level and she's now 27" even. She has seven teeth in for sure and it looks like she has molars coming in which has resulted in a lot of biting. OMFG. My goal for breastfeeding is 18 months but this last week has really been testing that idea...
Have I mentioned she's into EVERYTHING? No? That no child barriers stop her? She's standing, she takes assisted steps, she's trying to climb on the couches, the beds, attempting to ride the dogs... Or one of my new personal favorites, undoing or wiggling out of the straps in shopping carts, standing up & shaking her butt all in the flash of about five seconds.
Random thoughts...
- I did something I never thought I'd willingly do - I bought Crocs. Granted they're for gardening/yard work, but I can now say I am a fan of the fugly foam shoes.
- I caught a toad the size of my hand in our backyard last night. I thought he was a rat in the bushes and was out to make certain we were still rodent free when he hopped up to my feet and said hello.
- We're a five dog household right now... because some lady was standing outside of Target, giving away dogs. I took the four month old chihahua/poodle mix. Add in two seven week old foster puppies and you have quite the party. ;)
- My child instantly calms down for dogs.
- We had our housewarming party and were thankful for everyone who willingly made the drive out to BFE to celebrate. We had a lot of hiccups and quite the learning curve but I think we're better prepared now for future parties (read: wedding) down the line.
Speaking of weddings... it looks like we're getting married in a little less than 3 months. We have set our date for our "surprise" wedding for 10.10.10, when we'll invite everyone over for a BBQ to help celebrate us finishing the full remodel on the backyard (ugh, FML). I didn't enjoy wedding planning the first time around but I am keeping things really casual this time... frankly I'd prefer to sink the money into the house than a party.

2 comments:
I have Crocs flip flops and I've worn them religiously through this pregnancy.
Yay for weddings! Casual sounds good to me. :)
She's getting big and so cute!!!
You'll have to blog a photo of the new dog.
You're braver than me I'm fine with most animals, just not rats. Thank goodness it was a toad.
Hope all is well and 10.10.10 is a great date and idea, keep it casual and keep the money for the home.
Hope the remodeling is going well too!
Post a Comment