Friday, August 20, 2010

Moving forward.

We've had a lot go in the last month - I turned 26, my mom flew out here, I flew back to Colorado with her and Bella, R had a staycation, and we officially set a wedding date and have put lots of things in motion.

So y'all we're getting married in seven weeks. We debated back and forth since we were engaged, how we were we going to go about this. I had the big blowout wedding & he eloped previously. I did not want to sink $15,000+ again into a party and he wanted his family here this time... which made for some issues. Our family is spread out across the US. There is no way to appease everyone so we're doing it on our terms. We're not telling anyone. So if you are one of the few invitees who are reading this, please no sharing on Facebook.

It's pretty simple - we've been working on the backyard for weeks now. Our goal is to get it green and beautiful in time for a "bbq" (read: catering). Our best friend is doing our ceremony that'll be ultra-casual... I want people to be comfortable and want to spend time with us and not come out of obligation. The photographer is hired and now we're just squaring away re-planting the yard, securing the caterer, decorations (candles!), and what not. I refuse to stress about this!

Maybe all of the focus will help me forget that my baby will be a toddler in one month. :( At 11 months old she's standing on her own, walking with assistance, babbbling non-stop, and just in general being awesome. I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by and how much my little lump of a newborn has turned into a wiggly creative little person.

2 comments:

Sara said...

EEEEE!! So excited for you guys!! Please let me know if I can help you in any way!!
And Re our toddlers... Sigh... I have one week and Its SO bittersweet!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! So happy for you and the backyard is looking great. I can't believe how the time has flown by and our Bella's will be one soon :D
Can't wait to see the pictures of the big day!