Last week two of our warranty issues finally were resolved - much kudos to American Express & Fisher Price. Bella's FP Papasan Swing kicked the bucket at the end of November; the motor decided to stop working. I finally got around to calling FP to see if we could order replacement parts and much to my surprise, they said ship us back the seat & we'll send you a new swing. True to their word, a brand new swing arrived on our porch about 3 weeks later (which was faster than I thought it would be, considering the seat went back parcel post). Bella loves the swing so we were very glad to have it back home so I can work in the kitchen or downstairs again without wearing her.
American Express's extended warranty plan rocks. The 50" plasma my ex & I bought back in November 2007 went out on New Year’s Eve. I finally got a tech to come out while my mom was here & per their advice, it was more expensive to fix the TV on the consumer side than it was to just replace it. Amex processed all of the paperwork & gave me a full refund back for the TV's purchase price right back to my card. This gave me more than enough to play with & I was lucky when the deal of the year fell into my lap. It helped keep me sane when I went to pick it up & my truck battery died, leaving me waiting in the Frys' parking lot for AAA to jump me with a screaming baby, a big screen in the back, and a dead cell phone battery... can't beat a 47" TV for $399!
But the honestly most exciting & biggest time sink for us right now is we're buying a house. This took a lot of talk & consideration for both us, given that we have decided to move away from Orange County. Even with the costs of moving, extra driving (gas/wear & tear/time away) for him, taxes/HOA/etc, we'd still be saving an additional $1000+ a month at our current incomes. This process has been interesting to say the very least... being self-employed has definitely put a wrench in the process but we're moving forward and hoping to be officially in by the summer, providing the right property comes along.
For now, I'll leave you with more pictures of our fussy, high needs baby girl. She's becoming more interactive every day - I can't believe how fast she's growing!


3 comments:
You're moving??? Where girl? We need to hook up asap! :(
Bella is getting so big and she needs to meet little P!
Best of luck on the house hunt. That's so exciting!
It sounds like you're in a much happier place than when I talk to you a over a year ago last January. Bella is such a cutie and I'm so happy for you and your family...even though you're leaving the OC :-(
I'm thinking a GTG for you!?
We're not going too far -- just south Corona (below Tom's Farms). :)
Post a Comment