Thursday, August 7, 2008

Vampire Brain Scramble



I don't know perhaps where to squarely place the blame for this one -- OC nest girls? Media? Myself? I'll settle for a combination of the three.

I'm the first to admit - I am a huge vampire fan. Books, movies, whatever, its all golden. My favorite author has been Anne Rice for over ten years, I can still ramble off quotes from Interview of the Vampire with ease, I can quote little interesting facts, and I haven't strayed much from my basic vampire ideology.

I refused to read the Twilight series when it first came up. After all, it’s a young adult series – most of the young adult vampire books have been fluff and just horrifically awful. Then there was the seemingly mass hysteria with the final book in the series being released… that was my trigger for the Harry Potter series, resulting in me reading all seven books in roughly five days.

So here I am – I’ve finished Twilight & New Moon. I’m a third of the way into Eclipse. I’ll pick up Breaking Dawn this weekend. I’ll save my judgments & my full reviews until then.

No comments: